Click on photos to enlarge.

Monday, December 25, 2017

Funny Christmas

If the Arnolfini Marriage had been in December...
Jan Van Eyck is probably rolling over in his grave.
Inasmuch as this is Christmas day, I'm going to assume everyone has better things to do than read a long, senselessly boring article having some degree of bearing on the holiday. However, I can't let this day go by without passing along a few works of art to bring a little Christmas cheer of the non-alcoholic, type--low-calorie, low-carbohydrate, high-sugar content only slightly less sweet than pecan pie topped with whipped cream. Since I usually display works having some bearing on art history, I've chosen a painting which desecrates Jan Van Eyck's historic Arnolfini Marriage (top), and another of George Washington Ferrying Santa Across the Delaware (below). Please forgive me. Beyond and below that there's a fine line between funny and cute, so choose your own term. All I can say is to everyone, "Have yourself a funny little Christmas."

George Washington Ferrying Santa Across the Delaware .
What this lacks in humor it more than makes up for in cuteness.
Tea for Two, Steve Henderson--definitely over-the-top cute.


Twinkle, twinkle Christmas star.
It wouldn't be Christmas without
something from Norman Rockwell.
Santa Painter
I laughed out loud when
I saw the wreath.









Christmas Tree 101--we attack tonight.

You've heard about the tax cut, no doubt...
Copyright, Jim Lane
On Santa's Knee, 1974, Jim Lane.
My own attempt at Christmas humor.







































No comments:

Post a Comment